Currently the calculation field allows to change the value formatting in two ways:
- Rounding to the whole number (via Round Value setting).
- Formatting as currency withs thousand separator and two decimal places like 1,234.56 (via Currency Format).
It would be helpful if this was extended in a way that allows:
- defining thousands separator as a specific character
- defining decimal places separator as a specific character
- rounding to any number of decimal places
Personally, I care about 1. and 2. because I need them to properly display my country’s currency. For these I see two ways to aproach them:
- Dropdown with predefined formats to choose from (there are not many of these so it might be faster to implement)
- Two separate settings with input fields (more work but gives more flexibility to users)
I guess that another extension that people might want to see is the currency sign and its placement in terms of formatting this gives a lot of possible format so it would be easier to simply add “prefix” and “suffix” input fields.
So I would personaly implement it as more separate settings with inputs.