After using the email designer for some time, I’d like to give a quick feedback in order to improve it. In general, the email-designer is very powerful and on a high level already , but there are some things I’d prefer:
- A switcher for mobile/desktop view (or even fully responsible) would be nice to have, in order to preview and adjust the mobile layout. Currently, it’s kind of an unknown adjustment.
- Emails are in general multilingual-compatible – it’s a little trickier for the Email-settings (subject, from-name…). I noticed, it’s possible throughout the string translations, however, a full integration might be useful, I guess.
edit:Just noticed that twig-templates are working for email-settings too.
- If you delete the whole text-element content, new white spaces will be ignored (and will get removed after starting with the following word) somehow. However, I couldn’t reproduce this error, only happened twice till now (Firefox, don’t know about chrome).
- Even though unordered lists are possible, their bullet-points aren’t visible
- Impossible to use a function within an a tag (twig).
- Twig content within Email-settings (subject, sender name…) aren’t rendered in the test-mail.
- If you try to insert a link, the link-popup is partially hidden
- Possibility to specify email recipients (for example the possibility to use dynamic data or preset settings). Quick example for the “Comment Notification”: Send to post-author, admin & comment-creator. Or change the setting to: post-author only.
- Option to call custom functions & Shortcodes (I know this can result in other problems)