Popup error, only shows overlay

hello, the popup gives me an error, it does not show me the template.

Hey! :slight_smile: Could you show us the error message?

no, no show error in console soy can check https://elitehomeconstruction.net/ in view more interior design

I see. Could you send me access to this site? I will take a look :slight_smile:

Sure, but where would you access?

Feel free to send me a DM here in the forum :slight_smile:

Hi, was this problem solved ? I’m having the same issue…

Never could reproduce it. Works well here. Feel free to send me access to your site where this happens and I’ll take a look :slight_smile:

Sure, but I’m feeling silly… how can I send you a PM via the forum ? :sweat_smile:

Click on his profile Pic and hit the yellow message button :slight_smile:

Oh man, am I being completely blind or just stupid ? :rofl:

That’s what I get when I click on his pic (which I did earlier)…

Now I got it haha, you’re super fresh on the forum so you’re still trust level 0 which can’t send PMs haha → Understanding Discourse Trust Levels

To get to trust level 1 and send pms you just gotta

• Entering at least 5 topics
  • Reading at least 30 posts
  • Spend a total of 10 minutes reading posts

Or just send him an e-mail haha

Ah, it occurred to me after sending my post that this could be the reason.
OK will do, thanks for your help :blush:

Updated the rules.

@Matt_SF Should work now :smiley:

Hello, I have just bought Brickforge and try it in my first bricks website. I have the same problem with popup (just overlay is shown). Have you understood the reason and how to fix it?

Just found the error. The template type of Bricksforge popups cannot be “Popup” in the current version. So as workaround, just change the template type to something like “Section” and it will work. For the next version, I’ve changed the rendering of the data. Then, also “Popup” types will be possible :slight_smile:

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! (just one “thank you” produces an error )))

1 Like

Daniel, this matter still has a problem to be fixed imho. Now popup template is shown, but all popup template settings (width, bg-color, border) are ignored. So one must restyle it in custom css external file.

In addition, (IMHO) here are some usability issues:

• if default colors are set there is no way to reset them back to default. As these are set as styles of the element, !important is needed to override them.
  • In popup settings in Bricks I can set colors in variable, but in Bricksforge popup settings I must put static values. (BTW the same problem is in Timeline Backround color settings). That is why it would be good to take Popup Template settings into account.
  • i have set a close button in the popup template with the interaction to close popup. It does not work when popup is called with bricksforge. And bricksforge adds close button outside the popup area.

Is it ok that I comment the related bug that already marked as fixed? or it should be a feature request? Is it a bug or a new feature)) ?